Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Keen Eddie TV Series


Keen Eddie TV Series

Keen Eddie TV Series was aired in 2003 and unfortunately it couldn't attract enough audience to go for a season two. The series was canceled by Fox Network and then it was just forgotten. in 2004 they released a DVD with all 13 episodes but this TV series never made much spark. I found the DVD year week while I was checking old TV series and started liking it. I thought it's little bit different from other Action Comedy-Drama but seems not good enough for the fans.

It's a police drama which is very much like Castle series. But unfortunately stories were not powerful enough to keep the interest. The story is basically about NYPD cop who was fooled by a drug lords girlfriend and now sent to English to chase this guy. Now he works with New Scotland Yard and got even a partner there called Inspector Monty Pippin. Strange guy with a funny name. He has shared a flat with flats owners daughter and they are not sure about their relationships. Technically they are archenemies but it seems they do like each other too. Also there is this every ulgy looking dog which likes to chew TV remotes and to do other strange stuff.

I really do like how relationship between Fiona the flatmate and Eddie builds up. They didn't like each other in start and doesn't have a romantic relationship but they are more and more drawn to each other. Also I found all these main characters are quite interesting. They have their own funny personalities which is different from a usual US cop drama. Since this storyline happens in London there's a more British feeling into it.

Also for I think I have become a fan of Sienna Miller who play the Fionas characters. Maybe it's the Fiona character which I like. A beautiful blonde who seems lost and have no idea what to do with her future. She looks selfish it shows she has a good side too. I don't know how she looks these days but  in 2003 she had looked so stunning. You can see from the photo in left.

Sienna Miller
Sienna Miller

This ugly dog is a Bull Terrier. It's a medium size dog with a horse like face. A dog with short 9 - 10 years of life span. I think this dog was one star attraction of show and seems the script was made that way too. A dog with dirty feelings for cats (if you get my drift) and also have very destructive habits like chewing things specially remote controls and phones.

I have started watching it again and I released I really love the story. It's not strong on anything. Like terrible murders or serial killers. Even not much of strong romance with among characters. But it's really enjoyable for me to relax and have a laugh. It's a shame that Fox cancelled it. I don't think it's really fault of the show. They were airing it same time of Firefly which used to be massively popular sci-fi TV series. Plus they were airing it in summer when people do more out door stuff then watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment